Brunswick Wesleyan Methodist Church
pened on 28 August 1814 by the Primitive Methodist congregation. James Butterworth describes it in the following"
"Pendleton, a very beautiful village now adjoining to Salford, is Brunswick-Row Chapel, belonging to the Old Methodists' Connection, built by subscription. It is small and neat, and has a cemetery attached to it." ( History of Brunswick Chapel, Pendleton: With Notices of Early Methodism in Manchester and Salford (1880))
The chapel was built of brick and stone, and modelled on the Oldham Street Chapel in Manchester, Brunswick Chapel was enlarged twice before it was demolished to make way for the new building. By 1836 it could accommodate 600 worshipers. The chapel also operated a Sunday school.
|Dimensions||462 x 343|
|Linked to||Francis Gladwin (Christening)|