Kenneth II , King of Alba
M, #8094, (932 - 995)
Last Edited=18 Oct 2022
Kenneth II , King of Alba was born in 932 at Scotland.1,2 He was the son of Malcolm I , King of Alba. Kenneth's name was also spelt Cinead.3,4 He and mistress from Leinster were in a relationship that produced offspring.2,3 Kenneth was crowned the King of Alba in 971.1,3,4 He was murdered in 995 at Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, by his own men.1,2,3,4
Title: Stuart (2002) lists him as the King of Scotland.3
Child of Kenneth II , King of Alba and mistress from Leinster
- Malcolm II , King of the Scots and King of Strathclyde+ (958 - 25 Nov 1034)
- Guido, Michael Anne. "Nes Fitz William and the Earls of Fife: The Origin of the House of Fife, 962-1129", Journal of the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy volume 2 (July 2006).
- Guido, Michael Anne. "Who was Malcolm, King of the Cumbrians? - A Study of the Kings of Strathclyde and Cumbria and Their Relationship to King Dubh's Descendants in the Work of Fordun and the Early Chronicles", Journal of the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy volume 2, number 3 (January 2007).
- Stuart, Roderick W. Royalty for Commoners, The Complete Known Lineage of John of Gaunt, Son of Edward III, King of England, and Queen Philippa, Fourth Edition. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2002.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650, Fifth Edition. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1982.